Check out our open position below, or just send us your details and see what happens.CONTACT NOW
No, seriously though.
TSI Auto Solutions, Inc., is one of the premiere automotive business intelligence solution providers in the world, providing software product and support services to more than 10,000 users in Canada and Australia. An industry leader for the past 10 years, TSI’s longevity is attributed to our ability to focus on our customers and their changing needs.
TSI Auto Solutions is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to join our growing team located in Moncton, New Brunswick. This position will report directly to TSI’s Senior Director of Operations and will play an instrumental role in the future of the company.
We see you made it past “Who are we?”! We’re starting to like you.
Our new Software Development Manager will lead a team of developers that are actively developing features and capabilities within our Business Intelligence product suite. We require a passionate leader who flourishes in a fast-moving, agile environment, has good communications skills, an outstanding ability to lead the team to create products that not only meet strategic and market objectives, but also our high standards for quality, security, testability and performance.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software development and software architecture skills; creative development balanced with high quality and a customer focus; and must be able to work across multiple facets of a project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions are required. We are searching for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
Now, we’re talking!
The primary focus of this position will be to provide direction on as well as executing software development practices that support our mission critical business applications, as well as running day-to-day operations of software development and application support processes.
These activities would include participation in requirements identification and feasibility analysis, generation of technical solutions and design, coding, testing, quality assurance, implementation, and all supporting project artifacts and documentation.
The individual will lead a team of software developers who ensure that robust and architecturally sound software solutions are defined, implemented, and maintained. This role will work closely the management team to define and execute while in close alignment with business strategy.
• Provide leadership, guidance and supervision of direct reports; train, develop and motivate staff via ongoing feedback
• A significant part of this role also requires contributing in development activities, in addition to providing leadership of the development team.
• Manage software development resources across multiple projects (in a Program environment), sourcing and developing technical staff as required
• Ensure assigned projects execute according to established plans
• Employ Lean principles and software engineering best practices to ensure delivery of high-quality, value-driven, operationally efficient features that support our technology platform and business initiatives
• Work closely with technical leads and programmers to create development estimates and maintain detailed timelines that meet project schedules and expectations
• Collaborate with cross functional teams achieving our mutual goals
• Establish plans and promote continuous improvement of how solutions are delivered
• Support development operations (DevOps), working closely with project managers on releases, software developers, QA, and IT operations to streamline the delivery of software releases into production, while mitigating customer impact
• Support release and deployment activities, ensuring that all software-related deployment tasks are planned and executed in a repeatable manner and successfully
• Work closely with other architects to ensure that the software developers comply to architecture standards and best practices that promote performance, scalability, security, and recoverability
• Communicate effectively with all levels of Business Stakeholders, keeping leaders apprised of issues, concerns, mitigation, and remediation plans
• Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices
• Enforce the Change and Release Management process for all software-related changes
Are you still there? We do have a few more items on the checklist…
Must hold a:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing, architecting, and managing software and database development
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing or leading a team of technical resources, including recruiting, administrative, performance, and resource planning
• Experience managing vendors and managed services providers, including off-shore resources would be considered an asset
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and application lifecycle management (ALM), and Agile practices
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft technologies, including .NET Framework, C#, WCF, SQL Server
• Advanced software architecture knowledge in both transactional and decision support systems
• Significant experience with object-oriented design (OOD), test-driven design (TDD), refactoring, design patterns
• Demonstrated ability to manage resources and work across multiple projects
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities and ability to deal with ambiguous situations
• Experience in both Waterfall and Agile development practices considered an asset
Congratulations for getting to the finish line! We are assuming you will be applying for this position now. We are quite excited to meet you!
• Ability to communicate effectively and inspire passion and a shared vision
• Is future-focused in challenging the status quo and being a catalyst for change
• Build collaborative relationships and effective teams across the organization
• Address issues (people, customer, process) quickly and directly
• Demonstrate high energy, determination and flexibility
• Be a TSI ambassador within the local business community