Who are we?
TSI Auto Solutions, Inc. optimizes business efficiency with its automated data management and reporting solutions, and extensive portfolio of professional services. Our suite of innovative services provides critical insights for a wide range of industries including Automotive OEMs, Multi-Franchise Owners, and Dealer Groups.
TSI is recognized as one of the premier automotive business intelligence solution providers in the world with over 10,000 users in North America and Asia Pacific. An industry leader for the past 10 years, TSI’s longevity is attributed to our ability to focus on our customers and their changing needs.
We are looking for an experienced Reporting Analyst with a passion for data, the stories behind the data, and how to convey it to our clients so they can focus on what is important. This position will report directly to TSI’s Director of Product.
Who do we need?
You made it past “Who are we?”! We are starting to like you.
You have passion and a drive to perform! You love quality data and you are customer focused. You are outstanding at gathering data, ensuring its integrity, and packaging it for our clients to consume. You enjoy creating clean and easy-to-understand reports as well as maintaining them.
We need an energized and motivated individual hungry for challenges and great opportunities!
Now we are talking!
The Reporting Analyst (RA) is a key resource on the Product & Configuration team that interacts with clients and internal teams to design, develop, and maintain reports available in the TSI solution. The candidate must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. In this role, you would be required to leverage your technical skills to independently execute tasks with high quality for our clients. Developing an understanding of TSI’s proprietary Dealer Information Network (DIN™) is fundamental and TSI products (eComposite™, eSubmissions™, eContact™, ePlan™, and eGroups™) will be used. The position will also support other teams in diagnosing and determining solutions on data related items.
Duties & Responsibilities
Before you apply, you should know we do have some expectations. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal teams and our user community.
- Apply innovative and advanced analytical thinking to document, develop, and resolve complex problems and challenges.
- Perform proactive and reactive analyses to ensure data integrity.
- Use of Report Generation (Designer) software to build and maintain reports online.
- Create and maintain report mock-ups (e.g. sample Excel reports for client sign-off).
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Support visualizations and client reporting through meaningful dashboards, graphics/charts, and data tables.
- Develop a deep understanding of TSI’s Chart of Accounts to help assist with report mock-up, online report creation, data testing, and issue troubleshooting/resolution.
- Add TSI Accounting Codes to reports (mock-ups and online).
- Use manufacturer (OEM) financial statement templates to understand data structures and accounting nomenclature.
- Assist other team members with configuration related tasks including, but not limited to, new and existing OEM implementations of TSI’s product suite, OEM year-over-year financial statement changes, and data migrations from legacy solutions.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage time to ensure work effort is aligned with assigned priorities and high rate of utilization.
Qualifications Skills and Competencies
Are you still there? We do have a few more items on the checklist.
- Must hold a post-secondary degree in either:
- Accounting, business, finance, or equivalent with strong technical emphasis from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- At least three (3+) years of proven success in a data reporting related role.
- Experience with successfully creating and maintaining reports (online or offline).
- Experience with reporting/business intelligence/dashboard solutions.
- Great writing/communication (English) skills.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills required to work with clients and team members.
- Knowledge of the agile process and principles is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of data-driven solutions.
- Understanding of dealership operations/accounting/finance concepts.
- Understanding of and experience with business management products.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of database concepts to complete client requests, which require gathering and manipulating data from multiple sources.
- Understanding of SQL and RDBMS (SQL Server) is considered an asset.
- An understanding of KPIs and drivers of automotive dealership profitability and ability to identify data discrepancies.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including use of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas, using functions and/or filtering, sorting, and formatting data.
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with dealer management systems such as CDK, R&R, Serti, etc., would be an asset.
- Think creatively, is performance-driven and excel in a team-based environment.
- Great organizational skills and attention to details.
- Quick thinker, great learning ability, and work well under pressure.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision as this position requires owning initiatives from inception to execution.
- Bilingualism (French) is considered an asset but not mandatory.
TSI Core Competencies
Congratulations on getting to the finish line! We are assuming you will be applying for this position now and we are quite excited!
At TSI, success happens when you assemble the right team. We focus on creating and delivering innovative products to our clients, empowering them with the right tools to perform at their best. TSI believes each employee requires these key competencies to carry out their work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, inspire passion, and work toward a shared vision.
- Is future-focused in challenging the status quo and being a catalyst for change.
- Build collaborative relationships and effective teams across the organization.
- Demonstrate high energy, determination, and flexibility.
- Be a TSI ambassador within the automotive and business community.