Who are we?
No, seriously though.
TSI Auto Solutions, Inc. optimizes business efficiency with its automated data management and reporting solutions, and extensive portfolio of professional services. Our suite of innovative services provides critical insights for a wide range of industries including Automotive OEMs, Multi-Franchise Owners, and Dealer Groups.
TSI is recognized as one of the premier automotive business intelligence solution providers in the world with over 10,000 users in North America and Asia Pacific. An industry leader for the past 10 years, TSI’s longevity is attributed to our ability to focus on our customers and their changing needs.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner with a passion for developing products and solutions in a client-focused environment to join our growing team. This position will report directly to TSI’s Director of Product.
Who do we need?
You made it passed “Who are we?”! We are starting to like you.
Our ideal candidate must have vision and passion! You constantly have ideas on how to develop better products, features, and client experiences. You are outstanding with communicating (and sharing the vision) with internal teams and customers. You consider yourself the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure the team maximizes business value and our products dominate the market while driving for innovation.
We need an energized and motivated individual hungry for challenges and great opportunities!
Now we are talking!
The Product Owner is responsible for leading the TSI teams’ execution and delivery of software releases. This position understands and coordinates feature backlog for all releases for the platform and their dependencies on each other. Leads the translation of software features into technical requirements (features) and follow agile scrum-based software development. You would define software release plans and scope with platform leads. The individual in this role would be required to leverage his or her technical skills to independently execute tasks with high quality for our clients. The candidate will develop an understanding of TSI’s proprietary Dealer Information Network (DIN™) is fundamental and TSI products (eComposite™, eSubmissions™, eContact™, ePlan™, and eGroups™) will be used. The position will also support other analyses as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
Before you apply, you should know we do have some expectations. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal teams and our user community.
- Become a market exporter and gather information about the marketplace.
- Anticipate and understand the market and user needs.
- Define user personas.
- Treat the product as a business in order to communicate profitable opportunities.
- Present opportunities and business plans to key stakeholders.
- Define product positioning.
- Apply innovative and advanced analytical thinking to document, develop, and resolve complex problems and challenges.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases.
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Act as the liaison between product architect, and project and development teams to clearly articulate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement with concise acceptance criteria.
- Focus on delivery of services with quality and cost in mind.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Manage time to ensure work effort is aligned with assigned priorities and high rate of utilization.
- Communicate, facilitate, and train end users on all aspects of the product suite.
- Conduct product walkthroughs and provide sales support.
- Assist sales team with requests for proposals (RFP).
- Train internal company users to better understand TSI products and enhancements.
Qualifications Skills and Competencies
Are you still there? We do have a few more items on the checklist.
- Must hold a baccalaureate degree in either:
- Accounting, business, finance, or equivalent with strong technical emphasis from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Computer Science/Engineering, or other technical degree, from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- At least three (3+) years of proven success in a product software development.
- Experience with successfully managing products/requirements/releases.
- Experience with reporting/business intelligence/dashboard solutions is considered a strong asset.
- Very strong writing skills (and you are very picky at fixing typographical errors and constantly delivering well written and properly formatted documentation).
- Knowledge of the agile process and principles.
- Strong understanding of data-driven solutions.
- Understanding of dealership operations/accounting/finance concepts is considered an asset.
- Understanding of and experience with business management products.
- Think creatively, performance-driven, and excel in a team-based environment.
- Attention to details.
- Quick thinker, great learning ability, and work well under pressure.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Bilingualism considered an asset but not mandatory.
- Experience being a “Jack of All Trades” is considered an asset.
TSI Core Competencies
Congratulations on getting to the finish line! We are assuming you will be applying for this position now and we are quite excited!
At TSI, success happens when you assemble the right team. TSI focuses on creating and delivering innovative products to our clients, empowering them with the right tools to perform at their best. TSI believes each employee requires these key competencies to carry out their work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, inspire passion, and work toward a shared vision.
- Is future-focused in challenging the status quo and being a catalyst for change.
- Builds collaborative relationships and effective teams across the organization.
- Demonstrates high energy, determination, and flexibility.
- Be a TSI ambassador within the automotive and business community.