Who are we?
No, seriously though.
TSI Auto Solutions, Inc. optimizes business efficiency with its automated data management and reporting solutions, and extensive portfolio of professional services. Our suite of innovative services provides critical insights for a wide range of industries including Automotive OEMs, Multi-Franchise Owners, and Dealer Groups.
TSI is recognized as one of the premier automotive business intelligence solution providers in the world with over 10,000 users in North America and Asia Pacific. An industry leader for the past 10 years, TSI’s longevity is attributed to our ability to focus on our customers and their changing needs.
We are looking for an experienced Configuration Analyst with a passion for configuring products and solutions in a client-focused environment to join our growing team. This position will report directly to TSI’s Director of Product.
Who do we need?
You made it passed “Who are we?”! We are starting to like you.
Our ideal candidate must have vision and passion! You love solving customer problems, finding new and better ways to complete tasks in a more quality driven and efficient way…and, lets not forget, you are customer focused.
We need an energized and motivated individual hungry for challenges and great opportunities!
Now we are talking!
The Configuration Analyst is a key resource on the Product & Configuration team that interacts with clients and internal teams to design, develop and maintain TSI System Implementations. The candidate must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills The individual in this role would be required to leverage his or her technical skills to independently execute tasks with high quality for our clients. Developing an understanding of TSI’s proprietary TSI core and TSI echo) platforms is crucial and all TSI products (including; eComposite™, eSubmissions™, eContact™, ePlan™, and eGroups™). The individual will use TSI’s software to manage system configuration settings (do not worry, we do not expect you to code). The position will also support other teams in diagnosing and determining solutions for new and existing features/problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Before you apply, you should know we do have some expectations. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal teams and our user community.
- Apply innovative and advanced analytical thinking to document, develop and resolve complex problems and challenges.
- Perform proactive analysis to ensure system and data integrity.
- Develop a deep understanding of TSI’s Chart of Accounts
- Configure (add/update) TSI Accounts, Formulas and Properties
- Configure Financial Statement Validations
- Develop a deep understanding of a wide variety of configuration settings (i.e. settings to allow the system to behave in different ways based on client requirements)
- Configure Application Settings
- Configure Roles & Permissions
- Use of Report Generation (Designer) software to build and maintain reports online
- Configure Reports and Dashboards
- Work with team members and clients on new system implementations and migrations
- System and Data migrations from other competitors
- Use automotive manufacturer (OEM) financial statements to understand data structures and accounting nomenclature.
- Document Client Configuration changes for traceability and quality control
- Promote Continuous Improvement
- Manage time to ensure work effort is aligned with assigned priorities and high rate of utilization
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases.
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Focus on delivery of services with quality and cost in mind.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Manage time to ensure work effort is aligned with assigned priorities and high rate of utilization.
Qualifications Skills and Competencies
Are you still there? We do have a few more items on the checklist.
- Must hold a baccalaureate degree in either:
- Accounting, business, finance, or equivalent with strong technical emphasis from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Computer Science/Engineering, or other technical degree, from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Proven success in a role tailoring system functionality based on client requirements using configuration settings
- Strong understanding of data driven and configurable solutions
- Experience with system configuration, for example (but not limited to):
- Dealer Management Systems (DMS)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Management Systems
- Experience with system and data migrations
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills required to work with clients and team members
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles is considered an asset.
- Understanding of dealership operations / accounting / finance concepts
- Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of database concepts to complete client requests, which require gathering and manipulating data from multiple sources
- Understanding of SQL and RDBMS (SQL Server) is considered an asset
- An understanding of KPIs and drivers of automotive dealership profitability and ability to identify discrepancies in data
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including an understanding of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas, using functions, and/or filtering, sorting, and formatting data
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Think creatively, performance-driven and excels in a team-based environment
- Great organizational skills and attention to details
- Quick thinker, great learning ability and works well under pressure
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision as this position requires owning initiatives from inception to execution
- Great writing/communication (English) skills
- Bilingualism (French) is considered an asset but not mandatory
TSI Core Competencies
Congratulations on getting to the finish line! We are assuming you will be applying for this position now and we are quite excited!
At TSI, success happens when you assemble the right team. TSI focuses on creating and delivering innovative products to our clients, empowering them with the right tools to perform at their best. TSI believes each employee requires these key competencies to carry out their work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, inspire passion, and work toward a shared vision.
- Is future-focused in challenging the status quo and being a catalyst for change.
- Builds collaborative relationships and effective teams across the organization.
- Demonstrates high energy, determination, and flexibility.
- Be a TSI ambassador within the automotive and business community.